Lister Identification help wanted please

I have a couple of (quite good) photos of an old Lister single cylinder diesel that I would like help in identifying. I am also asking for advice about spares and the viability of a restoration.

The pictures can be viewed on my Website,

in the Personal Stuff section.

There is also a bit about the finding and recovery of an old 50 Hp. Blackstone -if anyone is interested. Thanks for any help

Regards George Bell.

Reply to
George Bell

The diesel is a 3/1, 5/1 or 6/1 Lister, most spares are available secondhand or evan as scrapped engines.

Radiator cooled engines are a little bit rarer than the tank cooled, if you have the details off the crankcase cover plate we can give you a date, or you can look it up in the technical section of our web pages.

Michael Key would be interested in the Blackstone, his site address is in my sig as well.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Looks like a Lister 3/1 or 5/1. You should be able to find all the parts but you'll spend more than it'll ever be worth. Sweet running engines though. It looks like it was originally rad-cooled and you may struggle finding a rad. Key question perhaps is the state of the bore? regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven