Attention Santa Fe MODELERS!!!! Please look at this..

Hey fellow SF modelers. I've been running N scale for almost a year now. I've accumulated quite a fleet (3-4 locos, bout 75 cars..) of rolling stock, and i have about 45 of the Atlas ore cars. I am not attracted to Union Pacific (which is what many people seem to like to model, other than BNSF), but i am attracted to the Santa Fe Roadname. I like running my steamers, and Santa Fe had some nice lettering on their steam locomotives. I like steam because i can see the running gear work as the loco moves, at a good rate, or as slow as possible to spark my imagination. I also like LONG trains, and i am pretty fond of the little ore cars, (they look just so darn cute! [excuse my feminine side's thoughs]) but i have pretty much decided that i want to model the santa fe road in the ore industry in the steam era.

Now, the question arises.. Do any of you SF'ers out there know where i could find information on the coal/ore industry in the steam era? I've done a little bit of googling, but no avail.. it seems that many websites are about the diesel era....

also, where can i find a website of good information regarding Santa Fe steamers, including photos, diagrams, and what type of trains they pulled? I want to get some santa fe passenger cars, but none of that smoothside stuff.. I like the old rivarossi-style heavyweights.

thanks, if you like, keep this thread going, or you can email me at my personal email ( snipped-for-privacy@mad.scientist.com)

Reply to
Mike Walsh, JR.

I agree Mike a long string of ore cars looks neat, especially when steam is pulling them. Have you tried looking at the website of the AT&SF historical society? I don't have the link or I would include it. I like the SF big steam.............the big 2-10-4's with 74 inch drivers (5011 class) THAT'S BIG!!

Have FUN!

Pat

Reply to
John Franklin