Lister Spares sources

Hi all,

I posed a question about a Lister SL single cylinder diesel aircooled engine, circa 1960 -66 a while ago, and someone was kind enough to direct me to a site which had a manual for th very engine. Very helpful. Trawled the web and found several firms advertising lister spares. Does anyone have a personal experience or reccomendation of any particular place to try first??

Parts required are airfilter & exhaust and the general wearable bits, bearings shells etc. Thanks in advance

Stuart Knowles

Reply to
Stu Knowles

I second Stu's request. I have a similar engine (but with three cylinders) that needs a head replaced. I've given up on finding one this side of the pond, and am now willing to pay the rather high shipping charges, if necessary, from the engine's birthplace.

Dale Scroggins from the Arkansas wilderness

Reply to
Dale Scroggins

One of the problems that faces Lister-Petter at present is the parlous state of its sales and spares situations.

I don't have any very recent information, but from comments passed to me within the trade I think that parts for almost any relatively early engines are going to be a problem.

There are various appointed dealers throughout the UK who technically can get parts from the factory. The problem seems to be that the factory no longer has the facilities to make them itself, and as more and more of its manufacturing gets outsourced, spares take a backseat.

I would like to think that this is a short-term situation but I fear that very soon you will no longer be able to get anything for engines made before the

1990's, and even then it will be on a restricted basis.

As far as dealers are concerned, there are some that are good and many that are plainly hoarding stocks to put the prices up. People like me have to try and find stocks of parts arouind the country, or even worse break an engine to supply a number of parts to various engine owners, on the basis of one lost but three or four running.

Wilds Plant near Shrewsbury were always a good dealer, talk to Keith Wild if you can get hold of him, but don't be surprised if he says he can't help, they have their own fleet to look after and won't want to sell scarce parts which they may need for their own engines.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

This Wild Plant - what do they use for a logo Peter? ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Dunno, Wilde is the family name, they are a plant hire company....:-))

Truth is stranger than fiction!

Wilde Plant Hire's details:

M.T Wilde Plant Services Ltd Exfords Green Longden Shrewsbury Shropshire SY5 8HQ

Tel: 01743 718868

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Any relation to the Keith Wilde of -

AT Wilde & Son Main Road Dorrington Shrewsbury SY5 7JE

Tel : 01743 718777 ????

Pete Scales passed their details on to me as a source of CS parts.

I found them helpful and well stocked.

John

In message , Prepair Ltd writes

Reply to