Lister-Bruston Lighting Sets.

In the name " Lister-Bruston ", did Bruston manufacture the generators or just market the sets with their name in conjuction with Lister's? I saw this article :-

and the dynamo appears to have the same relative (length to diameter) dimensions, oil bearings, looks and characteristics of a Mawdsley (Dursley) dynamo I have from the same period.

Also, has anyone come across, or any info on, electric governors?

Thanks in advance, Dave Carter.

Reply to
Dave Carter

As far as I am aware Lister built the sets using Bruston equipment, my Tarpen has an electric governor and as far as I can see it is an electro magnet that gets stronger as the load increases so opens the carb.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

ISTR that Mawdsley were wholly owned by R.A.Lister, and the Bruston shop, on the Dursley site, was the place where engines and dynamos were joined in unholy matrimony :-)

Regards Philip

Reply to
philipte