Bruston?

Hi all,

a friend recently acquired a Lister Bruston set, and I own a Lister B with so-called Bruston flywheels. I've never been sure what the Bruston name signifies.

My question is - were Bruston a different firm who bought in Lister engines and incorporated them into their gensets, or was Bruston a division of Lister?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Hi Arthur, from a very sunny California :-))

Bruston were a separate company that were eventually absorbed into Lister in the early years.

Early generating sets have serial numbers that start with LB for automatic sets or NA for non-automatic, the LB sets nearly but not always being automatic starting units.

The tradition lived on as far as the NA designation into the 1950's, but I haven't looked at my CD 110V DC set to see if the set serial number is prefixed LB.

Peter

Reply to
Listerdiesel

"Listerdiesel" wrote> Hi Arthur, from a very sunny California :-))

Thanks, Peter, from bracing North Wales, the land where brass monkeys don't need contraceptives. :-)

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Well, we have certainly had a good week with the weather, only a cool start has made the days a little more like home!

The Tulare show was good, we went to the Sacremento Rail Museum yesterday and we are off to SFO this morning, hope to go on the USS Pampanito submarine.

Didn't see much in the way of spares for Maytags at Tulare, so the two who are waiting for bits will have to wait for Portland by the look of things.

Peter

Reply to
Listerdiesel