MK Museum Rally

Gentlemen,

Spent the day with my good friend Nick at the Museum of Rural Life in Milton Keynes, Photo's in usual place.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin,

Excellent pics as always - I hope you're not holding any back for the competition ;-)

The Bradford you have shown is probably from an Avon Power saw.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

thats the one, I knew it had something to do with perfume.

Mart> Martin,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin, Thanks for the photos.

That Lister / Hamworthy set is interesting. Do any of the panel know, did Hamworthy use Lister engines after giving up on their own, or is the Lister a replacement?

Regards, Arthur G

Keynes, Photo's in usual place.

Reply to
Arthur G

Generally Hamworthy used Lister engines and Reavell used Petters but there are of course exceptions. Later on Hamworthy hung pretty much the same compressor off a CS. There is a nice example of such at Internal Fire and it will no doubt be running at the End of Season do on 9/10. hth Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Funny this topic should come up.....I've now got two Hamworthy sets which are Lister Engined - I believe they did a range of sizes with the appropriate engine from the Lister range to suit. Pics at:

I believe that the Lister engined sets replaced the two stroke units, such as the set at Internal Fire (they were popular with Allens amongst others as starter engines).

Then to cap it all off - I have just fetched (this evening funnily enough, and found purely by chance in the back of a very dingy shed) a Hamworthy two stroke, combined engine and compressor set (pics as above in their own album - apologies for the quality, it was very dark!). It is missing some bits and I was going to enquire if anyone has any information or parts on these two-stroke sets? I have only seen one other petrol two stroke Hamworthy at the 1000 engine, and thankfully I took plenty of photos - I believe my engine to be similar, but knowing my luck not the same...

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Hi Arthur, I think the hamworthy set is original. Theres an identical one still in situ at the millmeece pumping station. Regards, Gary M

Reply to
gary millward