Lister A/Junior

Chaps,
What's the difference between a Lister A and a Lister Junior please?
Are they the same?
Thanks,
Ian.
Reply to
Ian
Ian,
Unless I am told differently by my good NG friends, they are one and the same, there were many variations as time caused updating etc other than that no difference. I have an A type which plods along happily and never causes me problems ( currently touching wood as I write)
Martin P
Ian wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Without digging back through the old SEM issues, I thought that the Lister Junior was the older name for the engine which became the 'A', after the 'B' was introduced (if you see what I mean....)
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web
Peter A Forbes
Ian, my understanding (and it is backed up by David Edgington's book on Lister A & B types) is that Lister Junior can denote either a Lister A or B type. After all, they are not hugely different, The B has larger cylinder capacity and a taller hopper (if it's the commoner hopper cooled version).
Regards, Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton
Ian, I should have said, it might be of use to you to get David Edgington's book, "Know Your Lister A & B Type".
Lots of other interesting books there as well. I have no connection and am not on commission!
Regards, Arthur G