Lister A/Junior

Chaps,

What's the difference between a Lister A and a Lister Junior please? Are they the same? Thanks, Ian.

Reply to
Ian

Ian,

Unless I am told differently by my good NG friends, they are one and the same, there were many variations as time caused updating etc other than that no difference. I have an A type which plods along happily and never causes me problems ( currently touching wood as I write)

Mart> Chaps,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Without digging back through the old SEM issues, I thought that the Lister Junior was the older name for the engine which became the 'A', after the 'B' was introduced (if you see what I mean....)

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web

Peter A Forbes

Ian, my understanding (and it is backed up by David Edgington's book on Lister A & B types) is that Lister Junior can denote either a Lister A or B type. After all, they are not hugely different, The B has larger cylinder capacity and a taller hopper (if it's the commoner hopper cooled version).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Ian, I should have said, it might be of use to you to get David Edgington's book, "Know Your Lister A & B Type".

Lots of other interesting books there as well. I have no connection and am not on commission!

Regards, Arthur G