Lister-Petter archive section

L-P used to have an archive section on their website for looking up engine years of manufacture etc., but I cannot find it these days.

Has it been taken off or is there another place for it on the site that I have missed?

Looking for some info on the Petter AVB Research engine.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

From memory the link was removed about six months ago. The annoying thing is that the pages are probably still there if you remembered the name but I think I tried a few of the more obvious names at the time but to no avail.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

OK, I saved it somewhere (the HTML file for the production dates) just got to find it!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Looks like it's under revision:

I've mailed the webmaster inquiring about progress..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I suppose the one on my webshots page is not complete enough. see

Dave Croft

Thanks, Tom:

I have found the file I wanted, buried in the 130,000+ files on my PC....

It's the basic engines/dates info that they put there some years ago, but contains the basics that I wanted.

The copyright notice on the page you quoted was 2004.....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I think he's looking for the Petter dates, Dave.

Tom

Tom

Reply to
Tom

So I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response then? :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

No :-))

I think they probably will get around to it eventually, but it is not a high priority compared with the pretty pictures on the website...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Actually it's both.

The list I was looking for gave production years (with some noticeable errors) for Lister, Petter and Lister-Petter engines up to 2001 or so.

I have it now, just had to find what I had called it...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Perhaps you need to forward it to snipped-for-privacy@lister-petter.co.uk as he has got back to me asking what the page contained! :-(

Tom

Reply to
Tom

The webmaster has sent me the page, if anyone wants it, yell. He wrote: "The new site was developed outside of the company. I presume that our coordinator decided not to include these.

I will see if it is something that would be useful and try and get it put back.

In the mean time, I have attached the original page, just save it to your computer and open it with Internet Explorer."

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks for that, seems that old engines are not of any interest to the company any more.

Peter

Peter A Forbes