Petter AV1 photo's or diagrams

Hi guys,
I'm after finding details on the AV1 injector, mine is missing a
pipe from the injector back to the fuel tank (overflow ?) I need to
know what thread, it seems fine, used on the injector fitting. Has
anyone got a photo or good description of the fitting.
Joules
Reply to
Joules
Leak-off pipe. Thread is probably metric fine. hth Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
Thanks Roland, I looked closely at the thread, and dismissed it as metric.....LOL, I shall now re-check.
Joules
Reply to
Joules
It could be BSP, however it should be the same thread as the injector pipe ends.
One way to find out is count the number of threads per inch (or known fraction of an in) and then refer back to a set of tables because the different types of BS threads have varying numbers of threads per inch.
| Roland Craven wrote: | > Leak-off pipe. Thread is probably metric fine. | > hth | > Roland | | Thanks Roland, I looked closely at the thread, and dismissed it as | metric.....LOL, I shall now re-check. | | | Joules
Reply to
Mason
All injection fittings with the possible exception of GM and Cummins PT fittings are based on Metric threads, dating back to the original Bosch and Bosch-CAV equipment.
So are virtually all carburettor parts, even Zenith in the USA.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
| | >It could be BSP, however it should be the same thread as the injector pipe | >ends. | > | >One way to find out is count the number of threads per inch (or known | >fraction of an in) and then refer back to a set of tables because the | >different types of BS threads have varying numbers of threads per inch. | | All injection fittings with the possible exception of GM and Cummins PT fittings | are based on Metric threads, dating back to the original Bosch and Bosch-CAV | equipment. | | So are virtually all carburettor parts, even Zenith in the USA. | | Peter | -- | Peter & Rita Forbes | Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk | Web:
If this is the case then it may be a non-standard (bastard) size, like the track-rod end lock nuts on a MK4 ford (M 8.5 Fine if I remember right), and only available from special stockists
Reply to
Mason
I'm not too worried as I can turn something to fit. I need to look for my thread gauges. I wonder if this ever had the overflow pipe, as it seems the paint is present in the threads for this fitting, and having looked at another AV1 on the net I can't see a fitting on that one ???
Has anyone got any good suggestions for a silencer for this engine. I need something effective, to keep my neighbours happy, I'm also looking at the Petter air filter that seems to pop up on ebay. A somewhat more modern design, but takes filter cartridges.
Joules
Reply to
Joules
The injector should have a female thread to take either a nipple and pipe/nut or a T-piece (on one cylinder on twin cylinder engines)
I'll speak to Vince on Monday, he'll probably have the bits I can blag off him.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
That just leaves me to grin nicely and flutter my eyes...
8-) Joules
Reply to
Joules
I think your lady does it rather better..... :-))