Lister Petter AA1

Hi all, Having bought 2x CS 3/1's I thought a change would be good so bought an AA1. It's hopefully for a 7 1/4" gauge loco and I didnt think about speed ranges. The AA1 is fixed speed but having seen a vari speed on on ebay I thought easy, just madify mine to varo speed. I have worked out how to do it but a scanned manual page I've got says the vari speed engine has a different fuel pump. My pump is a Lucas Bryce - FAOARO55E0613 GB02776 Injector is - FB NSDOAO48D0507 (as far as I can tell) Anyone have any pointers on changing it to vari speed, and are the pump & injector right, I cant find the info on Peters site (it'll be there somewhere, I just cant find it!). Pics at -

Simon

Reply to
simon.wass

The variable-speed pump is part no FAOAR055B0488.

The injector number you quoted is for an AC1.

The AA1 injector is NSDOAO35D0368, that is for ALL models of the AA1.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Thanks Peter, Is the wrong pump & injector going to effect it? I suppose the overfueling ac1 injector isnt going to be taken back a bit by the governor. I cant get my head around needing a different pump for vari speed, was an engine when sold spec'd for a certain speed range? I dont know if the speed adjuster will do the full 1500 - 3600, if the engine was set to 1500 or 3600 it would still have the same pump & injector, only difference I can find on manual is that the timing needs altering with shims onder the pump. I might have to find a vari speed engine if this one isnt going to be happy doing what I need! Its in such good order otherwise, its a shame to get rid. cheers, Simon ps, anyone elses email delivery stopped?

Reply to
simon.wass