answered my own question - but maybe this will interst others - Lubroclamp

in a pile of stuff, I got a thing called a Lubroclamp - it looks like a smallish C clamp with a zerk fitting - in fact there is one shown in this ebay auction (not mine)

if you look at the end of the part with the zerk fitting, there is a single turn of thread - mine is exactly like that - Now, I speculate (without detailed knowlege) that this thing is for lubricating bearings - if that is the case, then I would expect something more on the end of that part with the zerk fitting - does anyone know for sure what a complete one of these things looks like? is there a link you guys have that I haven't found to the thing - it does say Pat 2003708, which I then looked up, finding this

and guess what !!! It's a leaf spring greasing tool for leaf springs with covers - I'd wanted one of these, and didn't even recognize it when I saw it - Whoopiee --- and it's not missing anything either - extra Whoopiee!!

see, this group can be helpful even when it does nothing at all......

Reply to
William Noble