Re: Re: Ink

>> Sorry guys. The spam stuff was not my intent. I do oppoligies and won't >> happen again. I have never been on newsgroups before and not sure how to >> work them. I hope you guys can forgive a bad choice. Murphey > >Sorry for the multiple posts. I kept getting a message up saying that it was >unable to send, so after 3 goes i gave up, but it seems they sent in the end >anyway. >

Always best to avoid any replies to spam, especially those posted to multiple newsgroups like this one. Your three posts have been replicated over 10 newsgroups, not just this one unless you deliberately changed the route to include just this one which I did.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

"Peter A Forbes" wrote

Thanks Peter, you have unwittingly enlightened me - looking at the number of unfamiliar names which cropped up in the World Fastest Indian thread, I began to feel almost as paranoid as Roland about the Great Unseen Presence. But, having read your comments above, I looked again and noted the OP was directed not only at this NG but also to uk.rec.sheds. Checking on google groups I found that my post in that thread had indeed been repeated to uk.rec.sheds, where the some of the regulars were no doubt wondering just how long this Nick H geezer had been lurking and keeping tabs on their sheddy activities!

How long have I been on usenet? Sound of penny dropping v-e-r-y slowly ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

Right i understand now. Didn't realsie that i sent it to other newsgroups as well.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

The newsreader I use tells you as soon as you click on 'Reply' that it is going to more than one newgroup, and gives the option of posting to just the newsgroup you are reading, or all. You can also edit the selection if you select 'All'.

I had assumed that this was the same on most newsreaders? I use Agent.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Go to

and get hold of 'Agent'. It's probably the best of the news and email programmes and far better than Outlook Distress.

Available as a paid-for or free version, very versatile and probably more features than you want, but it does all the right things.

Peter

Peter A Forbes