Onan V4

Is this as unusual as I think?

Certainly don't recall having seen one at a rally

Reply to
Nick H

I was quite tempted by that, and watched it up until the end, but with the sudden influx of new stuff last week I couldn't justify spending the £75 that would have probably secured it.

Haven't seen a V4 in this country before either.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

By coincidence I saw a nice old Onan this last weekend, at an engine show at Karaka. It was an in-line water cooled two cylinder, all cast iron, similar in size to the ebay one. Probably 1940s or thereabouts

Reply to
Peter Short

Is it true that the Onan engine was not recommended to drive a seed cleaning machine as it tended to "Shed seed on the ground". Sorry, I'll get my coat!

Reply to
Dave Croft

Very good, Dave ;o)) I've often wondered at the name, but no-one else seems to make the connection

P'raps we've all sinned so often in that way, we don't like to talk about it ...........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

D W Onan & Sons IIRC, it was the family name.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Well you could spend =A350 + VAT for a non runner 3kVA, electric start (with remote) from Anchor Surplus. 2 cylinder though. Or splash out =A31=

75 for a runner and tested...

What engine is in these "Onan" generators, what is the availabilty of spares and the prices there of? Could be tempted over a Chinese Honda clone, something built for the military is likely to be have a higher quality of construction, longer service intervals and run times.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

ROFL! A family name - well, not entirely sinners then ;o))

Regards,

Kim

Peter Forbes wrote .........

Reply to