possible first engine

I came across this, it's in a shed that has collapsed and I had no torch so these pictures with flash give a better idea than what I saw.

Can anyone give me any information about it, all that I know is what I saw, it's diesel, tank cooled and was running a centrifugal fan, probably for hay drying and it does turn over.

Andrew Heggie

Reply to
AJH

Hmm, a Lister CS diesel I do declare! Collectable, economical, and very reliable. Also rather weighty though I'm afraid :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Looks like a fine first engine to me, as philip said it is a Lister CS and looks to be all there you can find some tech. information here

Whats the chances of you obtaing said lump have you found the owner ?

Regards bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for the ident Bob and Philip, so this is the same engine that is being cloned in india! I've seen one working at Kew.

If I can move it I believe it's going to be mine, the farm was bought by a friend 10 years ago and whilst he knew there was an engine in the collapsed shed he had never been inside.

I'm fairly optimistic it is left as last used and would dearly love to keep it with its fan as original but I don't have the space.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Does that mean you want to use it without the fan or is it for sale?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

My interest in it has aroused his attention and I don't think he's going to let it go :-(, reason given is his 8 year old son has taken an interest ;-)

I'll see if I can prop the roof up to have a better look. Overall I think the best would be to get it working with the fan and all in situ.

AJH

Reply to
AJH