Enstone 11th November 2006

Gentlemen,

I hope to see all of the usual crowd at Enstone this coming Saturday, If you are coming John M I will have my hat on the correct way so no point looking at the back. Ignore the weather reports its going to be a nice day.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Better put the kettle on, a good cuppa tea always goes down well. See you there, I will be with no2 & 3 sons.

Regards

Andy M

Reply to
andyengine

I shall be there with the yellow van of many bargains ;-) You had best bring a big box of Tea bags Martin!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Then don't forget your mug and bring something to drink out of as well :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

See ya there.

Unfortunately work situation is still uncertain, so no big spending :-(

Reply to
Nick H

I'm sure you will cheer yourself up with a little treat :-)0

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

We'll be there wont be spending much though, engine budget is spent this month. i'm bringing my mug, and a cup so make sure the kettles on Martin :-)

Regards, Gary.

Reply to
gary millward

I'll be there early, hopefully leaving here at seven.

For those collecting or delivering stuff to/from me, I am driving a red Volvo 740 estate, D135GAE. It is my custom to try to get as close to the venue as possible!

I've sent my mobile number privately to those I'm expecting to see.

Wearing your badge, aren't you? ;o))

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure their incoming mail is virus-free.

We'll be there wont be spending much though, engine budget is spent this month. i'm bringing my mug, and a cup so make sure the kettles on Martin :-)

Regards, Gary.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Here's hoping!

Reply to
Nick H

If anyone thinks of it , could they take some pics of the sale ? I always like to see what im missing out on :)

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100

I'll do that as I've always got my digicamera with me.

I buy something & put it in shot with the vendor's vehicle, take picture. Doesn't matter so much at Enstone as it's not so big, but it's a real help at Old Sodbury.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Done our share of driving this week, got back from Manchester this morning at

00.45 so a lay-in was prescribed... :-)

Never made it to Enstone yet, always seems to have been something happening to prevent us going.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

took camera for dayout, don't know if it enjoyed it as I forgot to use it :-((

Reply to
campingstoveman

John, try this link:

Nice to see everyone on parade today :-).

The suspension survived.

Regards,

Arthur G

Doesn't matter so much at Enstone as it's

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I am pleased to announce I went home almost empty, my plea to the public may have worked :-)) It read " We are both married to understanding women, their understanding of the situation is that for the sake of our health we have to return with an empty trailer". My only problem was the lake I appeared to park in so we paddled a lot. My tea making skills were put to the test especially when my stove played up, it worked alright at home this evening. A nice day if a little chilly and some much needed funds to get the brakes working and an MOT on the Bedford which sadly is going to be also sold . My wife is finding it very difficult to get into my work van so the Bedford is being sold to buy a car. Not just any car though, I have the opportunity to buy a 1969 Rover P6 3500 Auto which will help my wife and give me some fun. It has a tow bar so you may see it on day runs next year. Well for me its now time to knuckle down and get a project up and running for next year, some of you I will no doubt see during the winter but for the rest of you the new year will not come soon enough as I enjoy the banter and friendship that is with us and amongst us. Hibernate well.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Heavy lumps of Petter successfully delivered to Roland C, several NG regulars met and greeted, a very few quid spent on odds and sods, then a nice lunch in Burford - all in a very pleasant day. Mind you, having vowed to dispose of radios, I went home with another - a cream DAC90A which I was forced to buy by the thoroughly unfair sales tactic of pricing it at seven quid! I believe Kim was taken in by similar sharp practice and went home with a Douglas flat twin ;-)

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

---------------------------------------------------------- Poss.my fault.I offered Kim a Douglas genset manual when I supplied the Tiny Tim book.His reply"I don't need one, I don't own a Douglas twin". Copies available to all (Operation and maintainance of the Douglas 1200VA

350Watt Gen set) Mike.H.
Reply to
Mike.H.

I got up at 6.00am for my sins, my passenger (not an engine man) arrived unsuspecting at 6.45 & had it explained to him on the M5 when he couldn't escape! He enthused though, said his dad would love it & bought himself some files & a couple of hammers.

Got to Enstone at 8.30. The overnight rain had cleared & it was a cool but pleasant morning with gliders fighting the gusty wind above us.

I at once found a cobwebbed & dusty Norman SC in very complete order (carb, WD screened mag, rocker box lid) at the very first stall. It has old & stiff oil inside, but rotates smoothly. I'm tempted to get it going & leave it exactly as found, cobwebs 'n all! Usefully, it has a vee belt groove turned into the flywheel rim & a flat belt pulley of decent width as well. I look forward to hearing it blat sooner rather than later.

On I went, casting too & fro like a spaniel in the reeds.

I came upon a Douglas twin - the OHV one based on the Mk5 motorcycle engine. You can just see it in photo 9 of Arthur's selection perched at the tailgate of the trailer. As Nick said, I did my best to avoid it, even though the vendor only wanted offers in the region of £40. Swine, what dirty trick ;o)) I even walked away, coming back to it half an hour later to find it still for sale. It is in very good order & is in a neat carrying frame with petrol tank, carb, mag & even the original oil bath air filter. It turns over very smoothly without clanking noises - and without any noticeable compression! The only thing I can see straightaway that need doing is the flywheel is sans woodruff key & is loose on the mainshaft.I offered him £20, but I'd come back, hadn't I? so he knew I was keen & we settled at £35.

A nice old pine toolbox for £2.00 completed my day.

I saw Roland who came bearing gifts, a dynamo for me ( my grateful thanks!) and a crank for Mike H. Arthur Griffin took away the switchboard that Hazel had taken a dislike to following an early morning toe-stubbing incident. Nick looked cold & bemoaned his enforced purchase of a radio & John (?) kindly brought a section of stainless pipe to see if it fitted ST flattie exhausts. Alas no ...... Martin was cheery & not happy with his stove - what was it Martin? I was tempted by his signal generator, but have several already. Others waved & said hi - small world, our, innit?

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

I got lucky there, Helen has quite taken to the set - she spent the evening cleaning it up and has even promised it indoor shelf space!

Reply to
Nick H

John (?)

Yes, t'was I. Sorry it didn't fit.

My wife has a theory that SE enthusiasts are a self perpetuating closed group who simply buy & sell the same engines time after time. I'm having trouble convincing her otherwise.

John

Reply to
John