A day out with friends

Gentlemen,

Today (Sunday) Dan Howden, Hugh Stannard and my good self took a trip into deepest Gloucestershire to view a very large private collection. Dan and I have been before but this was to be a treat for Hugh. A lot of the larger engines were run at times during the day and we were free to wander around the collection. At one point a crowd of us gathered to see the starting of a nice Hot Bulb Engine, the gas bottle and burner were fetched and set up and one of the three gentlemen assembled tried to turn on the gas but couldn't so his mate tried and even used a large pair of Stilsons to turn the tap, comments like " it will snap off" rang from the crowd but still they tried totally unaware that the third gent was lighting the gas on a already turned on bottle. The other two were seen to climb down into a big hole and pull the ladder down with them :-))

Its an excellent collection and as usual I took many pictures all of which can be found at the My Photo's link below.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hi Martin,

Hope your keeping well - That looked a Great Day out !

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100