Cancelled Rally

Gentlemen,

the rally I was attending this weekend was cancelled during the week so today decided to start the engine I would have been taking, my Lister A, it hasn't run for 10 months and because my time has been else where neglected a little but first swing and away she went :-)) off to get some more petrol and I shall clean her up a bit.

Martin p

Reply to
campingstoveman

The Fairford Tattoo has also been cancelled for today, tomorrow is still on.

Look at the BBC News website for details.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Where was that Martin? We're hopefully off to Woodcote (near Reading) tomorrow.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Sunday also cancelled now.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Same neck of the woods then, hope the field at Woodcote has survived last week's rain better.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

West Oxon nr Witney.

Mart>> Gentlemen,

Reply to
campingstoveman

Redbourn was on today; a bit muddy in places, but walkable with care without wellies. We went and had a good day, before the rain came just as we left (around half past three). The Tring Brewery Colley's Dog was very tasty.

Not as many engines there as last year, but there was a nice 5hp (IIRC) Bradford with 'book' magneto, and a 1.5hp Petter M, plus a few Lister Ds, a Fowler 1PAL, and others. The next rally for us will probably be the Dacorum one on the 27th and 28th of July.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

Gentlemen,

As I go deeper into the garage I came across my little Chinese genny, its sat for eleven months with a full tank of fuel so took it outside and two pulls and away it went. I can only assume that the two stroke oil stops the petrol from going stale. The Lister L is coming out from under tomorrow so can I hope best of three :-))

Martin P

campingstoveman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------If the tank was full it was more likely to be the lack of air space in the tank.I come across a lot of two strokes usually strimmers,blowers etc with half a tank of stale fuel and it dont half stink. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

Nice and springy underfoot with very few actual muddy patches so it certainly pays to get the 'right sort' of rally field. Good show as usual, not too many engines (nice wartime S-T P4Y gen set though) but loads of tractors including a special display of single cylinders - mostly Lanz but a few Landini, SFV and of course Marshall.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

All mine smelt of was two stroke in the tank and out of the exhaust.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------If

Reply to
campingstoveman

Mike,

It was you that gave me one as spares I think, if so I used the tap today as I broke the original lever off last year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------If

Reply to
campingstoveman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------If

Reply to
Mike.H.

Mike,

Was having a close look at that yesterday, the shaft appeared to be fractured during manufacture.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
Charles Hamilton