Enstone Cancelled

c> Gentlemen,

c> I have just found out from my local club that Enstone's B & B's have c> been cancelled this year, no reason given as yet but my club and Holcot c> Rally are taking advantage and will be announcing there own events on c> the 27-4-08 and c> 5-10-08, flyers and more info to follow.

c> Martin P

First Sodbury, now Enstone - what the @#$%^ is going on?

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Gentlemen,

I have just found out from my local club that Enstone's B & B's have been cancelled this year, no reason given as yet but my club and Holcot Rally are taking advantage and will be announcing there own events on the 27-4-08 and

5-10-08, flyers and more info to follow.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote

Beds and Bucks? I hope they follow sodbury's excellent example of a defined (and not too early) start time - the old bring and buys seemed to creep earlier and earlier until they were practically all over by the time I got there at nine or ten! Add to that that the 'centre of gravity' of the club meant that the events were usually at the wrong end of Bucks for me (Studley Green on the A40 was an exception) and I eventually let my membership lapse.

Takes a while for a new event to gain momentum and it is a shame to see these well established sales hitting problems.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

The Bring & Buy sales were originally quite well attended, if small events, but the holding of the sale at Bromham caused problems with the members in Bucks, and the holding of it at the other end of the territory caused most Beds members to ignore it.

The organisational capabilities of the club may be stretched to plan and hold something that large.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

It's still shown on their web site today

John

Reply to
John

"John" wrote:-

I've emailed Doug Newton

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Not Beds and Bucks but Mannington tractor club.

Reply to
campingstoveman

I saw that but my club must have received it from a good source

Martin P

It's still shown on their web site today

John

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote

Where are they based - I can't find any Manningtons in the area?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Hannington, my spell check got to it before I realised, Northamptonshire.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Ah, they of Lamport fame.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I phoned (6.50pm Wednesday) Mrs Harris on the number on the website & I'm delighted to tell you all that Enstone is NOT cancelled & they look forward to seeing us all as planned!

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

:-

Hi, I have just spoken to Anne Harris (Treasurer) of the Cotswold Oil Engine and Preservation Society and the Enstone Bring and Buys are all ON. She asked me to let you know on her behalf and that also of the Chairman Doug Newton.

This would appear to be a rumour. Where it started is unknown.

It is ON! Regards Richard.

Reply to
Dickymint

Then I shall duly inform my club committee.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Excelent news. Well done Kim and Richard. Let's hope the rumour hasn't spread far enough to stop any sellers.

See you all on the 19th.

John

Reply to
John

"Dickymint" wrote

I didn't get a reply from Doug, perhaps this is intended to cover? Anyway, best (engine related) news I've had all year - see you there!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Gentlemen,

I would like to say that I did not start this "rumour" a club I belong to announced it at the meeting this week from information received, all I did was pass it on to you lot.

Excelent news. Well done Kim and Richard. Let's hope the rumour hasn't spread far enough to stop any sellers.

See you all on the 19th.

John

Reply to
campingstoveman

Yes, Martin, we believe you.... :-))

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

"campingstoveman" wrote > Gentlemen,

I hope that gives you some comfort when you are standing in a field on your own ;-)

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

No one said you did, Martin, but the guilty flee when none pursue - VBG ;o))

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn