Photo competition

Gentlemen,

Colin made a few comments about photography etc at rally's and then went on later about the diversion to get us off of the subject.

I propose a competition that we could all take part in as most of us use digital camera's and something like webshots to display them.

Its getting near the end of season but there is still time to go out and get the picture.

The rules would be.

  1. Every picture must be taken this year from now 08-09-05, this can be achieved by leaving your date marker on in the camera or a second picture with the date showing or the rally programme.
  2. We set up a Webshots site to display them all.
  3. We agree amongst ourselves to find a judge, or we mark the pictures among ourselves, leaving our own unmarked by ourselves. Here I would hope I can trust you all to be fair and as I know most of you I can do that.
  4. The picture can be colour or black and white and in any setting not necessarily a rally.
  5. The entry date must be no later than 01-12-05.
  6. I will also our own semi professional PTE to take part :-))
  7. All those interested must put forward their name so that I can keep a record of those taking part.
  8. The subject must be of a Stationary Engine.

Who is interested to have a go. The prize, I will put up a good bottle of Red or White wine.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hi Martin, not a bad idea but why did you pick now which is just past the last show I will see this year!

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

This sounds like a bit of fun & various things flashed through my mind. Most importantly, I think there should be no judge, just a ballot of members of this forum on a particular date. Dave has a fair point, though, so I suppose it'll largely be pictures of our own engines.

I detest date marked photos, but I could take a picture of a national daily I suppose - but why don't we just trust each other?

OK, I'm in. I'll also contribute a box of chocolates to the prize ;o))

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Dave see rule 4

Mart>> Gentlemen,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Kim,

The idea of date marking is so that it can be proved that you have actually taken the picture as of now and not a while ago when you may have already one with it.

Mart> This sounds like a bit of fun & various things flashed through my

Reply to
Campingstoveman

As a semi professional, I don't feel that should enter this little competition, but I think its a great idea Martin :-) Should it be decided by whomever that it should be judged, rather than balloted, I'd be very happy to volunteer my services. That way, there'd only be one person for everyone to disagree with...... I'b be happy to contribute a few rolls of Ektachrome 400 to the prize stash, but given that digital will be de rigeur, it might be somewhat of an empty gesture!

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

I'll have a go, so add my name to the list of entrants Martin. Like Dave I've just about come to end of my rally season so I may not get anything worth entering. As for judging I suggest taking up Philip's kind offer.

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
JohnR

Yes, but you could (if you wanted to) fiddle the date in the camera or add a date with Photoshop (not that I would, you understand). Now, how the heck do I put a date stamp on a picture (FX,- looks for camera instruction manual..........)

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:
Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Reply to
martin hirst

"........a USB flash hard drive of 256Mb." I suggest - "of the winners choice" as there are several types of memory card, stick & drive about.

Just a thought.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the response, I've been away all weekend and am working away until Wednesday so feel that I will set the ball rolling next weekend, get snapping. As everyone appears to be in acceptance of Philip then thank you Philip your it. Come on the rest of you, get your camera's out and have a go and that includes Roland, Peter etc.

Mart> "........a USB flash hard drive of 256Mb." I suggest - "of the winners

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hi martin I will give my best shot see you at MK on Sunday nick

Reply to
Nick Holden

Put me down as a possible entrant, Martin, time and weather permitting, though with no more rallies to come, the photo opportunities will be scarce. I'm perplexed by the stricture on existing photos. Martin H's idea of three shots sounds a good one.

Don't make the deadline too soon, or I won't have a chance to take any shots. I'll throw a few bottles of Shropshire Lad ale into the prize fund. . What does Judge Philip charge for bribes these days ? ;-)

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G