Dorset Steam Fair 2004

Gentlemen,

Some Dorset pictures for you to look at address at bottom. More to follow.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Next year's safety regulations?

Seriously though, what was your general impression of the rally - organisation, SE content, 'junk' stalls, other stuff etc etc?

Reply to
Nick H

As a first timer displaying I was impressed, it was a long walk back, 10 mins, to my caravan every day to fetch the van to load up all the loose stuff, trusting person that I am. The pens were cramped as you can see from the pictures, to much stuff behind engines the reason given was to stop Gazibos from being erected so we all had very large umbrella's instead, without which we would have suffered from severe heat exhaustion, on two days in the full sun I had a temperature gauge at ground level and it never fell below 40c. The junk stalls this year were covered in crap not junk and its the first year I actually bought nothing except food and beer :-)) Entertainment was excellent and that includes the very nice Perrier Water my new found French friends dished up on Sunday night. The first glass hurt like hell as it burnt its way down, the second was better and after that you didn't give a damn :-)) I remember being helped to bed and then nothing else. Otherwise a good rally.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

More pictures to look at now.

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hello Martin. I was surprised to see my bernard, and my back, in your slide show, hope you are well, be intouch soon. den pike.

Reply to
PIKEDENNIS278

Den you had no difficulty finding the newsgroup then. If you had turned around then god knows what would have happened :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman