Dorset Steam fair

Gentlemen, Returned yesterday from Dorset after a five days of dust and rain :-)), Stationary Engines a bit poor with the odd nice engine. Pics in usual place. Nearly had a major disaster though, after taking over 60 pics at show was asked by brothers lady if I could show her something on her new Fuji camera so I demonstrated on mine and wiped all my pics. I managed to catch up later.

300 mile round trip did Camper well and we managed return journey with no stop in 3.5 hrs at around 50mph and with trailer in tow also. Bought some tools for my lathe and parts for a Tilley lamp I now have to go with stoves, did not see many stoves and what I did see were very expensive. Off to Haddenham this coming weekend so see some of you there also off to collect mill this week.

Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Nice pics as ever, all that polished alloy on the Enfield should have Kim squealing with delight ;-) You missed my favorite, IHC LB pump jack outfit. Mixed feelings about the show as a whole though - see separate post.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick Highfield

I took a picture of it but did,nt put it up. For those of you who don't know picture site see below.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I too am off to Haddenham this weekend, look forward to seeing you again Martin. BTW, John Southall is coming for his first Haddenham rally.

I exhibited at Haddenham for the first time last year as it normally clashed with Barlylands and thought it an excellent rally, recommended

Reply to
Pete Aldous