Obit for Tom Stockton (one of the original and recent Directors of NAMES)

Sad news as another of the great ones passes last week.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Sad to lose a good man. But, 91? I should be so lucky to live that long.

.

Sad news as another of the great ones passes last week.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Fwd: stolen saito v4pr steam engine from wmstr From: Kelly Tytlandsvik Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:16:34 -0600

HI Guys Please be on the look out for this engine. I hate to hear of this kind of incident. It did happen at another model show a few years ago....the engine was returned anonymously! If someone has this engine and is feeling guilty I will even be the go between if they would like to return it. Or if some wants to leave the engine in a safe location and make an anonymous call and let someone know where it can be picked up. My phone number is 306 634-3214 ask for Kelly Thank You Kelly T

Kelly, if you would forward this out on your mailing list i would appreciate it. Good to see you at WMSTR! Steve

Hello, to all from Steve Knutson28484 Highway 10Lake Park MN 56549

218-483-3469 I had the unfortunate event of my little Saito V4PR steam engine stolen off the back of my exhibit table in the Model Engine Building at the Labor Day Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion Sat. 9-1-2012 about 10:00 AM. I had just taken it out of my storage bin to show a fellow model enthusiast (do not know his name, a fellow with reddish slight beard and red bandana_to this fellow_if you see this ,please get in touch with me with your contact info) Soon after i was distracted for a bit to the end of the tables, and when i returned to put it away, it was gone. There was only a small window of opportunity to steal this, as i rarely display it without being present, mostly to show to someone whom i know would be interested in it , its value and rare nature. All things considered, it seems quite premeditated, not random theft. Someone obviously wanted this engine, as much as i did, before i finally found one. I would guess the only way to obtain one now, would be to steal it, especially one in such pristine new condition.

Please let me know if you see one show up, or for sale, however i do not think the intent was to steal and sell, but rather to have one in possession, as most spectators, would not know what it even is. Really hurts my faith in humanity. See the pics attached. These are not actual pics of my engine, but rather I have taken them off the internet, as i never took any pics of mine. Mine was brand new, never used, never even run on air. I have the box and instructions. There was not even any tarnish on it. There was no drive dogbones/coupler or other, just plain output shaft. I think the displacement oiler was red on the top, like the one in the pic, but i cannot remember for sure. I have had it for many years, taking it out once a year to look at labor day weekend with the rest of our stuff. I would ponder at this time what i would use it for someday, the boat or whatever i would put it in. I had not even looked at too much, satisfied mostly to just have one, and savorying it for the future. Very bummed those dreams are dashed. I cannot imagine anyone being able to enjoy this stolen item.

Thanks to whomever's pic or vids i used to describe.

Let me know if anyone sees/hears of anything.

Thanks for your time Steve

Reply to
Brian Lawson