Picked up a black diamond drill grinder

I picked up a black diamond drill grinder, does a real nice job. I was able to sharpen right down to a #52 drill. the finish on the whole range is excellent.

Reply to
Waynemak

Congratulations on finding that fine tool, Wayne. I am green with envy.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Years ago I operated a small drill pointer, made in Switzerland as I recall. It ground a primary and secondary relief, and was limited to small drills only, 1/4" and smaller as I recall. . It's rare to have a pointer deal with the small drills in an acceptable manner. Can you give us more details on the Black Diamond grinder? Where it is made, for one.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

It appears that the company's web site is no longer working. Now it only exists in the wayback machine.
*/
Lane

Reply to
Lane

Thanks, Lane. It didn't take long for me to understand why Waynemak is so pleased with his! I have always assumed you'd have to invest a considerable sum to sharpen small drills.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Hey Wayne,

Me too, at an tool & die shop auction about 5 or 6 years back. Paid $65 Cdn as I recall, and it came with most of the collets. Great machine!

Take care.

Brian Laws>I picked up a black diamond drill grinder, does a real nice job. I was able

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Here is a link to a company that supports the black diamond machines

They were very helpful on the phone.

Reply to
Waynemak