Picked up a black diamond drill grinder

I picked up a black diamond drill grinder, does a real nice job. I was able
to sharpen right down to a #52 drill. the finish on the whole range is
excellent.
Reply to
Waynemak
Congratulations on finding that fine tool, Wayne. I am green with envy.
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
Years ago I operated a small drill pointer, made in Switzerland as I recall. It ground a primary and secondary relief, and was limited to small drills only, 1/4" and smaller as I recall. . It's rare to have a pointer deal with the small drills in an acceptable manner. Can you give us more details on the Black Diamond grinder? Where it is made, for one.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
It appears that the company's web site is no longer working. Now it only exists in the wayback machine.
*/
Lane
Reply to
Lane
Thanks, Lane. It didn't take long for me to understand why Waynemak is so pleased with his! I have always assumed you'd have to invest a considerable sum to sharpen small drills.
Harold
Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos
Hey Wayne,
Me too, at an tool & die shop auction about 5 or 6 years back. Paid $65 Cdn as I recall, and it came with most of the collets. Great machine!
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Reply to
Brian Lawson
Here is a link to a company that supports the black diamond machines
They were very helpful on the phone.
Reply to
Waynemak