Blacksmithing

G'day, title says it all. Can someone steer me to a good blacksmithing newsgroup. Looked through list of ngs and came up blank. Thanks.

Regards, Mac

Reply to
mac

try the welding ng for leads: sci.engr.joining.welding

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

There is...

alt.crafts.blacksmithing

Not a bad group, I breeze through it a few times a week.

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Look here

resources has lots o links. cordless

Reply to
cordless

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:03:02 +0930, snipped-for-privacy@senet.com.au wrote: Thanks for the replies. Was reading alt.crafts.blacksmithing but it wasn't getting any new posts. Will try it (and others). Regards, Mac

Reply to
mac

alt.crafts.blacksmithing comes and goes. I find far more info in the Abana email list, TheForge:

You are not required to be a member of Abana, subscribing to TheForge is free. Try it out. There is a bit of off topic discussion, but mainly because people want to chat and don't have an on-topic to discuss. We've been fortunate in not having any serious controversies interfering with the interesting stuff for some time.

Steve Smith

snipped-for-privacy@senet.com.au wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

Get "theforge" in "digest" mode. Unless it has changed recently, it is a list server, not a newsgroup. You probably don't want 25 emails a day. Check out my website,

It has some triphammer content that may be helpful.

Try anvilfire.com

The websites of several of the ABANA affiliates have some good content, so don't miss them when looking at ABANA links.

Also, although the group's name doesn't come to mind, there is an pretty active blacksmithing group in Australia. I'd do a little web searching to find them.

Pete Stanaitis

-----------------------------

Steve Smith wrote:

Reply to
Pete & sheri

The sandbox at artmetal.com is good, too:

jpolaski

The best blacksmithing stuff on the internet is not newsgroups, but forums-

guru's den and the hammer in)

then there are a couple of good email lists-

the forge- subscribe at:

and the yahoo blacksmiths group snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
rniemi