Just bought a Craftsman lathe - now I need a manual BADLY!

I just purchased an old Craftsman 6"x18" metal lathe model 101.21200

I need a copy of the manual - can anyone tell me where I can get one? just missed an auction for one on eBay - had to work late - now I don' know if I'll see another for a while. This is my first lathe and would like to get it up and running, but I want to make sure I do i right...

Thanks for the help, Ja

-- KnuckleBuster

Reply to
KnuckleBuster

Atlas/Clausing still sells reprints of the manuals -- possibly at less than your eBay auction.

Call Clausing Service Center (574) 533-0371

and have the model number and serial number of your lathe available. They'll put together a manual to fit your particular version.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

All lathes of that type are very similar. Most don't have repair/replacement parts available. Save yourself some money and get a good generic lathe operation manual printed for trade school use. They are very common in used book stores. You can learn everything you need from it, and if you have a specific question, there are several dozen very knowledgeable guys on this board who will overwhelm you with good advice. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Save your money. I will email you one.

Reply to
Rex B

Maybe I won't, since your email address is invalid. You can download that manual at

or maybe
This is in the files section of the Atlas 618 Yahoo group. You will be required to join the group to access it.

Or send me an email with a valid address and I'll send you the file.

Reply to
Rex B

The manual wont show too much- better to buy a copy of "How to run a Lathe"

is the standard book people have been using since before the second world war- small, cheap, and will get you started with all the basic info.

Reply to
rniemi