DRO

If you are looking for a low cost high tech DRO take a look at this

Ralph

I'll second that suggestion . I bought and built the DRO 350 , and wish I'd waited . The new 550 has more features and functions , with less work to build , and at a lower cost . I now have just over 300 bucks in mine including scales and cables , and it does most everything the commercial offerings do for three times that . If I hadn't been laid off last week , I'd be ordering one !

Reply to
Snag

What do scales cost? I don't see them listed on your web site?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

I am not connected with Shumatech whatsoever. I did build the older model about 4 years ago and it works very good with HF calipers as scales. The new model should work with most calipers or glass scales.My complete unit (3 scales ) and HF scales cost $225.00

Reply to
Ralph

That's not his website . I got my scales on ebay , 24" for X cost me around 80 bucks , 8" for Y was around 35 . I used a cheapy digital caliper for my Z scale . Cables will supply power to the scales in addition to carrying signals to the box . Standard plugs into the box are the same plug used for S-video connections . Most people solder the other end to the terminal pads on the scale since plugs are hard to find and rarely work well .

Reply to
Snag

Hey All,

I'm off to help set up as a Volunteer for NAMES next weekend. Hope to see lots of you there !!!

Cheap tickets, free seminars, free hand-outs, free parking. (this year), plus it's a really great show.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...page me when you come, and we'll have a coffee.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Hey All,

It's that simple....just a well wishing