New low cost DRO

Check out this site- http://forums.delphiforums.com/MadeinUSA/messages/?msg=8.1
Specs look good and price is real good

EdFielder wrote:

Wow, the moderator over there must be snoozin' to let this blatant commercial traffic through ..
GWE

Moderator?
Dave Hinz wrote:

Yes, that isn't a UUNET newsgroup, it's a private forum. Postings to those are generally moderated (i.e. reviewed by a real person). Don't know for sure about that one, though. I don't think those prices are anything to get real excited about. I still like the deal on the little electronic box that reads out rpm or sfpm (you can enter the work or cutter diameter) and costs under $100. Now *that*s a deal I like. Only place I know where to get 'em is www.mkctool.com which is Skip's page, he's a Shopsmith guy. - GWE
Damn Grant,
Jeez I should start selling the one I built. Guess thats the best part of being a programmer, I took a $5 surplus LCD display, $1 halleffect transducer, and a $2 PIC (that's an embedded micro for those of you who don't know) added an afternoon of programming and ... presto.. Instant tach, mine's even got a switch for backgear on my Bridgeport that divides the tach by 8.25 :-) and has several other nice features also (too complictaed to explain in in a post)
One of these days I'm gonna add a pickoff from the the scales on my DRO so the SFPM is really what the tool is seeing when under powerfeed and not just the calculated value of diameter and RPM..
Dave

I checked out the site and ordered one of the units for my Enco bench mill. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and the deal they are offering is pretty good. The price for my unit was 899.00 and they will rebate 25% to me if I supply them with clear drawings and photos of the installation. The system has features like Accu-rite, anilam etc for about 1/2 the cost- I am not into the kit building mode, as I want something to get going right away. I will post further on the performance once the system is installed.

tach,
tach
just
Now
The deal you got was no really a deal. I would have sold you the same Jenix system for $675.00 and that price includes the freight and you don't have to send me any drawings or photos.
See the REAL Jenix systems at www.digitalreadoutsystem.com or on Ebay. Just type in Jenix is the search box.
Regards,
Tim LMSC 877-376-4373

I think you must have mis read the post- he got the 3 axes system for his mill- your link refers to a 2 axes lathe system. ( also the quoted price in the link is 775.00)

of
who
so
or
$100.
Ed,

Please show me where in any of the posts that the above is stated. I could not find it in any of them.

The link I posted goes to my web site. The Jenix page shows mill prices and one lathe price that is $850.00 so you must have been looking at some other web site.
So as I stated before, there was not any real savings, just more work for the end user. Now you get to be the engineer for this other company and get paid like you working for McDonalds. Can you say "Do you want fries with your order?"
Regards,
Tim LMSC 877-376-4373
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:03:47 GMT, "EdFielder"

part
Instant
the
DRO
not
rpm
For a REAL low cost DRO, check this site: http://www.shumatech.com/
This is NOT spam. This guy has all the drawings for making one yourself. They can work with cheapo Chinese scales or Jenix (sp?). There is even a link there somewhere there for getting the Jenix scales a big discount. You need to electronically inclined, but if you are you can get a DRO for under $200. There is also a newsgroup for builders of these DROs.