Great Dorset Steam Fair

Gentlemen,

I will be on site from Tuesday lunch time to the Monday morning after the show, come and say hello and maybe we can chew over the cud or something similar. Anyone carrying an umbrella will have it broken ceremoniously over my knee as we do not need or want any rain :-)) I wont be wandering very far this year as this weekend I have managed to injure my left ankle/ trapped nerve and its all I can do to stand let alone walk any distance. See you all there,

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

photos of today at great dorset steam fair at

Reply to
Nick Holden

Excellent pictures Nick,

I particularly like the monstrous Case tractor thingamabob with the weather vane to tell the driver which way he's pointing (or more specifically, which way he's going to point if he dares to move it) and the 1914 Blackstone (DSCN0258) is particularly wonderful (Oh for some garage space!).

Mark

mark.howard10

Gentlemen,

I must mention my good friend Peter Plant and his Son in Law Matt who between them loaded my van on the Monday, under instruction of course :-)), and Peter then unloaded it on the Tuesday afternoon when we got there. I spent most of the week confined to a chair but Thursday I tentatively went for a look around and as the days progressed with care I could walk. We had a great time and saved lots of money because the beer tent was to far away. The Lister L ran sweet and only used 30 litres of petrol. I took 40. Some of you may cringed but compared with entry fee's and camping that was cheap. I will put my pics up hopefully tomorrow. My mate Peter thought that next year I should take a visitors book as he has never met so many people.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Entry fees Martin? I thought it was free to get in if you were exhibiting......not that I've shown there for eight or nine years.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

What I mean't was that as a visitor for the five days as I would normally be, the fuel is cheaper. Sorry Philip, long drive home.

Mart> Camp>

Reply to
Campingstoveman