Portland

Got back last night about midnight, good trip, excellent weather and no travel problems.

Maytag spares accompanied us home for Kim & Nick, heavily disguised as something else....

We have about 600 pictures to edit and get on the website, this year was the

40th Anniversary show.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Peter,

You must be knee deep in empty suit cases, what did you do line the parts in lead so they did not show on the X-ray :-)) and how do you hide the fact that your knuckles are in line with your Knee's Loaded the L into the back of the van this afternoon, or should I say my friend and his son in law did. For once I got the measurements right as it cleared the door catch by half an inch.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Maytag parts?!

I'm glad you were only checked by customs, not the clean air lobby ;-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

We did buy a new set of 3 wheelie type suitcases for $49.00 in the sales...

Everything is cheaper over there, petrol is $2.69 per gallon, eating out in the daytime is $15.00 for two for a decent meal, and 6" diameter burgers in a matching bun were $3.50 at the show, a pint of coke or sprite etc was $1.00, rib-eye steak in a bun was $3.00, even coffee comes in small medium and large cups....

Heaviest 'parts' were the two magneto manuals that we bought on ebay, American Bosch and F-M. Also brought back some plotter pens, more books and some very nice new books from the USAF Museum in Dayton, which is a regular visit for us, one of the Lockheed Blackbird and one on the B-70 Valkyrie, one of which is published by a Wellingborough company! Cheaper in the 'states than the UK again....

All our cases were opened and inspected at one of the airports, probably Fort Wayne, and a note left to show that they had looked inside. Nothing awol, no problems with customs.

Peter

Peter A Forbes