What's happened to the Old Glory events guide??

Anyone know why it's gone? Or can someone give me a link to it if i'm clearly not seeing it.

I'm sure it used to be on oldglory.co.uk, but now they've changed the site and I can't find the events guide anymore.

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

Checked it this morning and it seems OK now, may have been a glitch.

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor

Must be Chris, Ive tested it ok also :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Ahhh, there it is :))

Thanks guys

Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

It's there all right, but where is the link from the new home page?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Thought I'd email them to ask about the events guide but no 'contact us' link either. There is an email address for the editor at the bottom of the 'comment' page but it does not work as a link and also seems to resist all attempts to copy and past!

Have they got a new web designer or something? If so he wants shooting as the new site is not only less user friendly but also less visually appealing.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

You could be correct, many links are broken, but it seems to be a case of someone not checking if changes that they have made are functional rather than anything else.

As for the e-mail, it is not linked to anything and because it is a graphic you can't copy and paste it into your email program, the only way to do it, is type it in. By making the email address a graphic it is impossible for the spammers bots to harvest it when they come a-calling. I can understand why Old Glory have done it, but for a commercial site I don't think making users jump through hoops before they can make contact is an awfully good idea. That said spam abuse has now arrived at a stage that unless drastic action is taken to curb it very soon, it will become unusable.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin