What happened to auto Recover.

OK I know this may be a sore spot for some but here it goes. Where did auto recover go? I know it didn't ever work more than 1 out of 10 times but when it did it was really nice. Now it seems to have disappeared. I miss getting 1 out of 10 back when I crashed. I thought I may have seen it work a few times early in 2004 but since sp4.0 I can't remember ever having anything recovered and I have been on sp4.2 for some time now. What gives.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Corey,

In SW 2005 it's in Tools>Options>System Options>Backup.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Backup is different than autorecover.

Backup saves a copy of the file on disk when you hit save on a file you are editing. So you have the Last saved and before last saved files.

Corey

Reply to
CS

On mine it's there also - right at the top - check the box.. Save auto recover info every ?? changes.

SW2004 SP5.0 SW2005 SP0.1

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

L I B you know it was turned off and set to 0 I swear when I installed I set it up so I didn't even bother to check again. My bad.

Corey

Reply to
CS

L I B?

Jerry Steiger

L I B M R ducks C D E D B D wings

it is hick spelling for

Well I'll be them are ducks see the itty bitty wings

Reply to
CS

M R Ducks M R Not O S M R, C M Wangs L I B, M R Ducks

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

O S, M R D Phrases

Corey

Reply to
CS

lol, very good!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Now that you mention it, it hasn't worked for me in a while either, even though I have it set. I see it save, I just don't get anything back after a crash. Of course, this is the least fun type of thing to report because I don't even know how they are going to test it, unless someone has a sure fire way to crash SWx (I don't remember if ctrl+alt+delete and closing the program will give you the autorecover, and of course I can't check it now becaus the darn thing isn't working at all)

disappeared.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton