OT; presents

Gentlemen,

Today I did what I absolutely hate, in town on my own trying to buy my wife Christmas presents and a Birthday present for Boxing day and for once I thought I had cracked it. She has been saying that she would like a nice walking stick and on the market today was a gentleman who makes them, I bought her one with a antler handle got it home and decided that I would wrap so as to disguise its shape. She now thinks she is getting an ironing board, there's no justice :-((

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I once disguised a new watch in a new washing up bowl with similar results. Thirty years on it is still "mentioned" from time to time!

Reply to
kimsiddorn

In message , campingstoveman writes

A friend of mine actually bought his wife an ironing board for Christmas..

If I had ever had enough guts to do that I would probably still be wearing it...

Merry Christmas all.

Reply to
Pat

- and why not? Wimmin are funny about this sort of thing. An electric iron, an ironing board, a washing up bowl - they are just tools. If she gave you a new socket set for Christmas, would you not be pleased? Of course you would.

I explained it very carefully to Hazel once with all the considerable power of my oratorical skill and extensive vocabulary. Took me ages. She looked at me with that impassive face that all married men here will recognise and said -

"Yes, but you LIKE spanners."

Exit stout party, stage left ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

ha ha - *yes*! :-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that keeps tools and various parts handy in the kitchen, either (it's kind of my staging area between basement and workshop, and just happens to also be a convenient place to cook food)

Reply to
Jules

Collecting an engine from a chap some hundreds of miles from my house, I was taken to see another man on the basis that he had engines that I might like to look at. Damn right!

The back garden, side passage & front yard were full of sheeted down engines. Every room on the ground floor - including the kitchen and hall way - had engines and motorcycles in them with the exception of the front room which was fairly normal. I didn't see upstairs, but further, lighter examples of engineering being above me would not have surprised me.

I need not say, perhaps, that the fellow was a confirmed bachelor ........

I deliberately avoid possible identifiers, the wicked world being what it is ;o((

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn