Great British train Rides BBC2 18:30 with Michael Portillo

Gentlemen,

Anybody watching the most interesting series over the last few weeks, I've been most impressed until tonight when the BBC dropped a continuity clanger on the Dart Valley Railway. Michael boards an 0-6-0 Tank engine with Brown and Cream coaches, you next see aerial shots of 4-6-0 King Edward I pulling maroon coaches, then to a moving shot of the 0-6-0 with Michael hanging out of a Brown and Cream coach then back to the aerial shot of King Edward I and finally he leaves the

0-6-0 train at the end of the journey.

Apart from that clanger I have found it an excellent programme.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

It has been much the same in the programs covering his trip in N England.Mix ups with overhead shots classes 142, 150, 153, 156, 158 and 185 whilst riding any other of those classes. Still good though!

Reply to
brightside S9

There have been a few continuity clangers in programs with Portillo. I watched a great one once, where he started out as a rabid Tory MP, then halfway through became an unemployed humanitarian.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oh yes! I was still up for Portillo - one of the best moments of a great night. Pity TB proceeded to make a naus-up of things!

Reply to
Richard Green

Yes, it's a funny old thing. These days I rather like who Portillo has become.

A worthy successor to Hesseltine. You might disagree with the chap, but you'd have him to dinner. half of them these days and you'd be counting the forks afterwards.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I've noticed a few such continuity errors, nevertheless an interesting series. Pete

Reply to
THE DOUGLAS STATIONARY ENGINE RESOURCE (admin)