thanks Michael......

To Whom It May Concern.

I was having a terrible time with a little code today. I wanted to be able to pick the text for my window designators in plan view and create a list that could be used for my routine that draws my windows in elevation. I WAS STUCK.

Then I came here to solicit help - just knowing Michael at least would be up to the task. Typing the message, the epiphany struck. How's this......

(defun c:strings (/ txt them num ent) (setq them (ssget) num (sslength them) ) (repeat num (setq ent (entget (ssname them (- num 1))) txt (list (assoc 1 ent)(assoc 11 ent) (cons 'rak (cdr (assoc 7 ent)))) ) ;;; get data for particular entity

(if (= new nil) (setq new (list txt)) (setq new (append new (list txt) ) ) ) (setq num (- num 1)) ) )

an ordered list of lists. now I can car and cdr to my heart's content and extract data from my mini data base. just a little more tweaking and I will be able to draw my window elevations without leaving the view where my plan view resides.

and I was stuck big time till I started that post I never sent........

thanks guys.

:)

Reply to
roy

I'm confused. You're thanking me for a response I didn't give to a post you didn't send about a code problem you already solved? TGIF!

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich