rides

Did anybody see rides last tuesday 2/10. The chopped up an old pickup and handbuilt a bed, front and just about everything else. I wish I could do stuff like that. No bondo, just steel.

Reply to
michael

I didn't see that episode, but I do like the show. They do some very nice work. Lane

Reply to
lane

You CAN do that-Just work slowly and carefully.

Reply to
Castvee8

The problem isn't the first one, it's the matching one on the other side,....

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel. Corwith. Phx.

Yeah, I saw it. Nice work, even if I didn't like the looks of the finished truck (I thought the bed line was too low with respect to the roadster cab, making the truck look stupid in profile). But they sure did some nice metalwork.

BTW, they did use bondo in a couple of places. There was a shot of one of the guys using a surform tool. The foreman also mentioned use of bondo to blend the lines in a couple of places. But they didn't use much, mostly they shaped the bare metal.

The other thing I didn't like was the flat black paint job. It may be the current rage in some circles, but I don't like it.

I also wasn't very impressed by their shop practices. They were plasma cutting and MIG welding using only *sunglasses* and wearing Tee shirts. That's just stupid. They're all going to get cataracts and skin cancer.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

My brother has cataracts, he lives up north and wouldn't know which end of a plasma cutter is for what. I thought they made safety glasses that had a 3 or 5. At least sunglasses would have some level of UV protection. Unlike a certain show where the eyelids are supposed to fully protect them,...

Joel. phx

Flat black. Looks good on my barbeque. I like the show with Boyd (American something?). He's got a killer bodyman at that shop.

Reply to
Joel. Corwith. Phx.