Enstone

My diary says it's Enstone tomorrow. As no one here's mentioned it, I'm wondering if I will be there on my own.

John

Reply to
John

Not going this year, to much to do at home and nothing to sell, also got to make trolley for lister F and just shelled out £200 for a set of tyres for trailer.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Wrong decision Martin. Wall to wall sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. It was dry and hot, possibly almost too hot. Most un-Enstone like weather in fact. There were so many traders, they had trouble getting them all in. They were backing up into the car park. The buyers were also out in force. Their car park was also overflowing. Strangly, with so many folks there, selling seemed very slow according to the folks I spoke to. I did spend rather too much though. A morticer, battery for the tractor, a regulated charger and a number of taps and dies to close some gaps in my collection all came home. Now I've got to log them in and put them away. Oh yes, I also bought a space saver spare wheel and tyre from a Renault. The wheel's no use but the tyre may fit a friend's Morgan 3 wheeler. At =A31, it's worth a try. A ratchet strap and a couple of webbing slings were also too good to miss at =A31. Fortuitously on the way home, I found a stray strap on the road to keep them company. I've just tried the charger and morticer and both seem to work. The morticer has just made some nice neat square holes in a piece of scrap wood. All in all a very good day and it's still only lunch time.

John

Reply to
John

My thoughts exactly. I suggest the lack of buying was due to some ludicrously optimistic pricing. e.g. a Victoria with non-original fuel tank and a nasty paint job for a mere £1800 and a dog-rough Barker for £2300!! I came home with some more tooling from Dan, some wheels for the Victoria, a fuel tank for the R&H L type and a large dia. pulley for a 1 1/2hp Petter M (absolute bargain at £20) I also spent too much on a deal for a 1 1/2 Petter M with the v. rare Empire lubricator - collection will be a later trip to Hants. I ought to be gardening now but the chair beckons....

Reply to
Roland Craven

Didn't make the wrong decision, got a lot done at home including making an axle and fitting for my F type. Helped out Peter Forbes and did some stuff for the wife. Sunny here all day also.

Martin P

Wrong decision Martin. Wall to wall sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. It was dry and hot, possibly almost too hot. Most un-Enstone like weather in fact. There were so many traders, they had trouble getting them all in. They were backing up into the car park. The buyers were also out in force. Their car park was also overflowing. Strangly, with so many folks there, selling seemed very slow according to the folks I spoke to. I did spend rather too much though. A morticer, battery for the tractor, a regulated charger and a number of taps and dies to close some gaps in my collection all came home. Now I've got to log them in and put them away. Oh yes, I also bought a space saver spare wheel and tyre from a Renault. The wheel's no use but the tyre may fit a friend's Morgan 3 wheeler. At £1, it's worth a try. A ratchet strap and a couple of webbing slings were also too good to miss at £1. Fortuitously on the way home, I found a stray strap on the road to keep them company. I've just tried the charger and morticer and both seem to work. The morticer has just made some nice neat square holes in a piece of scrap wood. All in all a very good day and it's still only lunch time.

John

Reply to
campingstoveman