Petter Guy

Anyone know who this guy is who Iam in competition with BTW Why is he selling transfers at inflated prices Is this the guy who conned me?

Colin Jacobs

> sQQtZkm?

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

Martyn Butler.

Reply to
Arthur G

I'm confused Colin. In what way are you in competition? Surely you are not selling overpriced stuff to folk too idle or thick to ferret out the primary sources ;-) ttfn Roland aka Arnold or Ronald or Dranol etc. etc

Reply to
Roland Craven

Oh no just I do sell Petter A spares but not at inflated prices & defo not transfers at thoise prices. I suppose DE cannot take any legal action over him & neither can I?

>> > sQQtZkm?

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

IMHO, although it smacks to us of Sharp Practice, viewed dispassionately, he is actually doing us a service. Books and transfers that sit on a shelf are no encouragement to the publisher to print more, revise editions and undertake new similar works.

Mr Petterguy is (one must assume) buying the stuff at retail & flogging it on, thus clearing the decks for more of the same.

All the same, I'd be interested to know what the reclusive Mr Edgington thinks of it all!

Regards.

Kim.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

I'm not sure I see how. Whilst this remains (for the moment!) a more or less free country what he's doing is perfectly legal. His buyers obviously don't read SEM or they would be aware of the primary sources. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

FWIW I have not found David Edgington to be any more reclusive than anyone else trying to run a business and write a monthly column for SEM and deal with a large volume of SE queries! I find the latter quite taxing enough at much lower volumes and I'm "retired" (hah!) The view from DWE himself is: " I don't approve but he's paying the same price as everyone else.....I have picked up several newcomers from people who have bought from him and then found my address in the books. " So there you go. Perhaps its time to bring speculative debate to an end . As a personal observation, we oft bemoan the lack of newcomers to the hobby but MB's sales suggest there are plenty out there. No doubt in time some will graduate from a Lister D and to SEM. See some of you at Enstone (don't forget to wrap up VERY warm). regards

Reply to
Roland Craven