Sortout moves to Wroughton

Have those of you on the mailing list had any notification?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I note the Old Sod is still sticking to his guns Re. the reason for moving - "Swindon is easy to reach without any need to pass through Greater London and its Low Emission Zone" - though how it differs from Newbury in that respect beats me!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

It was mentioned last week on the stationary engine forum.

I have read the details on the link, but his writing and thinking are not quite in sync! I had to have two goes at parts of it before I understood fully what he was trying to say.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

The Sodbury Sort out is not only back in the Calendar, but still on the M4. It is now scheduled for Sunday 3rd August this year at the NMSI premises at Wroughton near Swindon. Things are not necessarily what they seem and I phoned the number given on the Wroughton Show website.

The Sortout is being held *as part of* The Wroughton Classic Show. This is principally for cars, bikes & commercials plus an Autojumble.

You should be aware that the entrance fee is as follows. One person in a car, van whatever is £5.00 Two or more people in a vehicle - regardless of size or number of bodies - will be £10.00.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

The further it gets from me the less inclined I want to go to it.

Reply to
campingstoveman

The further it gets from you the closer it gets to someone else! Swindon is only another few junctions on the M4 - unless you double back to pass through the London low emission zone of course!

More to the point, how does it tie in with the host event - do you have to pay to get into the show and then again for the sortout? Mind you I went to a very good show at Wroughton a few years back, perhaps this is the same one - though if the sortout is the same sort of size as at Newbury there will be precious little time left to look at anything else.

NickH

Reply to
NHH

Why is everyone worried about the low emission zone? It's a truck think, doesn't affect cars at all.

I'm with Martin on this one, although I was happy to go to the original Sort-Outs at Sodbury, I have never been to Newbury and won't bother with Wroughton.

As I have said before, I'm past the "250 miles for a cuppa and a hot dog" stage, unless there is something to see or do, walking round a muddy field on a cold day is not one of my favourite pastimes!

Haven't been to a Cheffins sale since their first one at Ely either.

Never been to Enstone, closest I got was when the cam belt stripped on the van after I had loaded the trailer with stuff to sell there.

I guess age has something to do with it.... :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

"Peter A Forbes" wrote (snip):-

I only mentioned the London LEZ as I find it totally bizarre for the Old Sod to cite it as a reason for moving the sale from Newbury to Swindon!

Don't think I ever went through that stage, but is has to be said that I have lately found sales more enjoyable than some rallies. And not for the prospect of aquiring more junk that I haven't got room for, but the chance of seeing an unusual engine. Recent sales have turned up a Levis flat twin, Stuart turner Model K, Johnson Utilimotor etc etc which even if not quite in the 'rara avis' catagory, just don't seem to cut it on the rally scene for one reason or another.

Reply to
Nick H

I totally understand Peter's point of view, for instance even though I like driving, classic car etc, if like the last three weeks in which I have done nearly 3000 miles it makes a change to not drive to far at the weekend. Last Sunday I went from my home to Prickwillow nr Ely then onto a museum in Cambridge and then finally to Peterborough to see Dan but this was done as a passenger cos my mate did all the work and I loved the change.

Reply to
campingstoveman