Trike question

Waaay back around the late 70s I remember USian traffic cops or maybe meter maids riding around on Harley trikes. My memory seems to claim that these were actual Harley machines rather than trike conversions.

Does anyone know more, and did any of these make it to the UK. ISTR Nice looking rigs, I might even buy one if the price was right.

Reply to
crn

ISTR a beasty called something like the H-D Service car which might fit the bill.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Wallet-stretching!

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

This is the one I had in mind

equally pricey if you could find one.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks, it would have helped if I posted the question to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic as intended rather than here, but as usual someone knows something usefull.

Another senior moment ......

Reply to
crn

they were called "servicycles" and were made by harley. they were 3 speed and reverse, 45 cubic inch flatheads. we always called them "popsicle wagons" most were used by the police as parking enforcement, etc. the harley 45s were gutless wonders. i had a surplus 45WLA (army surplus 2 wheel) and lived on it.

in 1970 i bought an old 1950 civilian model and rebuilt it, expecting to relive the old mystique... after having a honda 750-4 i found i couldn't go back to a crude thing like that and sold it. fool, i wish i had it now! sam

Reply to
SAMMMM