Late BR livery question

I am trying to put together a selection of liveries for late BR diesel locomotives. The idea is to show one of most if not all types but with as many liveries as possible.

Can anyone say if any of the following ever ran in the original Railfreight plain grey (before the three-shades-of-grey was introduced), BR 'big logo' blue or privatisation liveries other than Freightliner or EWS?

Class 24 introduced 1958 withdrawn 1980, known as the Rat

Class 25 introduced 1961 withdrawn 1987, also known as the Rat

Class 27 introduced 1961 fitted with dual brakes and then fully refurbished only to be withdrawn in 1987. Enthusiasts called them the Mac Rat (same name as the 26)

Class 44 'Peak' introduced 1959 withdrawn 1981

Class 45 'Peak'introduced 1960 withdrawn 1989

Class 46 introduced 1961 withdrawn by 1984

Class 59 introduced 1985

These will be added to the section of the Goods and Not So Goods website detailing locomotive types.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike

wrote

Not to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge.

Possibly, although I may be thinking of class 26.

Not to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge.

These were never owned by British Rail so the answer is no.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Nope, only green, two-tone green, blue, and RTC blue/red.

Nope, only green, two-tone green, blue, 25322's variation with full yellow cabs, blue/grey (as carried by the ETHELs) and Intercity (carried by one ETHEL).

Nope, only green and blue.

Nope, only green and blue.

Only green, blue and Tinsley green (45106).

Only green and blue.

Foster Yeoman, ARC, Mendip Rail, new FY, new ARC, DB red/blue, National Power and EWS.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Ah well, lots of green and blue then, and rather a lot of 37's to do.

Thanks for the help - I am still laid up at the moment with no access to my books.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Of course, they would make very interesting might-have-beens in Raifreight Grey.

(kim)

Reply to
kim