16mmng Gas-powered live steam - safety thereof?

When he was trying to help you?

The only undesirable behaviour was your rudeness to somebody who had taken the time and trouble to help you.

Even you must understand that the "expensive model railway" wood sections are made by somebody who has bought a large piece of the right wood and the correct machine tooling to produce it. In the small volumes we need, it is simply not worth doing it ourselves.

You didn't mention which engine until the second time around. When you described a do-it-yourself project saying you wanted to build a batch of five.

Most people without knowledge or experience (suggested by your question) build one, from which they learn.

If I'd meant that I would have said it.

In other words you aren't interested in the answer.

Why the personal lies?

I should have killfiled you a couple of months ago.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Given human nature, personally I wouldn't like to rely on the gas running out before the water, if the result is a boiler explosion (however small the boiler). People get distracted, and forget things, and forgetting that the boiler had not been topped up could be nasty.

John

Reply to
John Dennis

Now you're talking about the sort of person who would disable a safety cutout when the gas won't light! Unfortunately there's no law against people being terminally stupid so eventually the powers that be will have us all in individual rooms lined with fireproof foam rubber. (assuming foam rubber doesn't give off noxious fumes)

Regards, Greg.P. Do not use iron in bath while plugged in! These peanuts contain traces of peanuts.

Reply to
Greg.Procter