3 way turnouts

I was looking at ways of controlling my 3way points (sorry 3 way turnouts...whatever!) when i discovered this

It's call Easy Router and is an automated way of controlling 3 way points using 3 buttons!

Not available yet though but i am intrigued and i've sent for more info.

"...it fires the solenoids in the correct sequence to give you the direction you want." If you let them know you are interested, they will email when they are ready to ship. Now what else can i jazz my control panel up with???! hmmm! More lights!

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie

Bernie banged on his/her/it's keyboard in uk.rec.models.rail and came up with this:

I'm just going to use a diode matrix when I finally get round to laying track.

Reply to
Trespasser

Yeah but it's a great gadget though...i'm gonna get 2 (if they're not too pricey!)

Reply to
Bernie

with 3 way points? With 2 way and double slips but not 3 way surely! 3 ways need 2 motors and the blades interact when moving from certain positions. This can cause fouling and the points not to switch across.....that's what happened in my experience anyway.

I was thinking of ways to create some kind of delays between the firing but this unit seems to do it for you....i think!

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie

And.....using diode arrays with 3way turnouts doesn't work...the blades of one interact with the blades of the other....a no go!

Reply to
Bernie

Diode matrix works for me on Peco points.

Reply to
TW10

Phil: 2 motors and decoder addresses, and a 'route setting; function ona dcc controller will also do it. But a diode is all thats needed on an LGB 'EPL' drive (2 wire point motor)

- simply connected to move the other point blade at the same time (no fouling) when the other blade is moved.... On the LGB 3-way point, the 'right hand exit' must be set 'to ''not right'' - ie its blades as far to the right as possible - before the 'left hand' or straight ahead route can be set... after which, they can be set freely. It all depends on the mechanical overlap of the points.

Fleischmann point motors are end off switching, and so a similar arrangement would work for them (abeit with 3 wires)

Alternatively, I just have a note on my track diagram: ' Caution, No.4 must be LEFT before setting No3 ' - a mental interlock.

Reply to
Phil