Converting TSO to TSO(T) Micro Buffet

Hi all,

I am writing to ask for advice on a conversion i would like to carry out, I have some lima NSE Mark 2 TSO's, and i would like to convert one of these into a TSO(T) micro buffet. Could anyone give me details as to what this project entails? I know that a set of seats was removed, but i understand windows where blanked out too?? Also im getting confused with toilet positioning within mark 2's some seem to be 2 opposite same end, others one each end same side, and others opposite ends of the carriage on opposite sides, on the TSO(T)'s what was the positioning of the toilets before conversion?

Any help would be much appreiciated,

Thank You

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bales

I think so; one window on the side behind the counter (as is often the case with catering stock). On the passenger side, some vehicles had 'Buffet' applied to the centre of the window glass in white lettering (reading the correct way if stood outside the coach!), with a shortened version of the red cantrail stripe on the body. For more details, Martyn Wild did a series of articles on BR coach modelling in RM during 1987, but can't remember which month's edition had the article on non-aircon Mk.IIs.

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher