Curling Anyone?

Hi again all

I have just received two very early Triang Pullman coaches and upon disassembling them noticed that the clear inserts have curled badly - I don't just want to hit them with a heat gun or hair dryer so before asking if anyone knows what I might be able to do to flatten them without the risk of damage.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Between two sheets of glass, leave in sun. Will work wonders.

Steve (as well)

Reply to
Steve Magee

funny you should say that! it is something I was thinking of today ..... but as we are having WONDERFUL rain right now, there's no heat in the air so I heated them with a hair dryer very carefully and sat them under some stone tile samples. This worked well ..... appreciate your comments

Thanks

Steve

....no, the other one

Australia

Reply to
mindesign

Disassembling has become ubiquitous. Has dismantling just curled up and died?

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Agreed, Ken. Nobody seems to dismantle things any more.

Allan B.

Reply to
Allan Brown

Hmm... I thought he just meant he was putting the two coaches in two different places. Like one in the loft and one on the kitchen table, maybe....

I didn't realise he was actually "taking the covers off" them!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

That's because they can (usually) assemble them again but nobody knows how to mantle them.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Jones

I mantled a ship once, but I had to move it for my daughter's horse collection..... ;-)

Reply to
James McInerney

I think you're dissembling. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Hang on a moment... I dunno about you, but I dismantle the wife every time we come in from an night out. She expects it, and being a gentleman, I have to oblige. And when I've finished dismantling her, she usually makes us a nice cup of tea.

Hope this helps, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

My wife is more impressed if I make the tea, preferably in the morning so that she has an excuse not to rise. Bet you're all interested to know that.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes