The Official HST Nit-Picking Thread...

It's got not buffers, it's the wrong livery, the front cab windows are wrong.... Oh, you mean the production version, sorry, I need the prototype shape! :~)

Reply to
Jerry

Well I have not got one yet, but I love the look of the Radiator grilles. Can't wait to get one. Will pick on up at Warley.

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

"kim" wrote

Hmmm ............... looks like an HST, nicely detailed, runs really nicely, but

Well there had to be a but didn't there? RRP £137.75 [£148.10 on latest (post 09/08) price list].

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well some of them do have buffers...

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

But nobody's actually going to charge that, are they, except the NRM?

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

That's not the point; I quote the RRP because that is the price in the Hornby price list and is the common denominator from which discounts will apply.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hatton's shows the loco and dummy for £106 - £118 with DCC. The older 4- car HSTs are going for £65-79, the 2-car(?) Railroad Virgin for £40.

Has anyone ever modelled a full 394m long Eurostar (2 power cars + 18 trailers)? Maybe in N?

Reply to
MartinS

Pictures (and moans) here:-

Bandwidth heavy, may take a while for pictures to load for AOL and Talk Talk victims :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

...and that is why I listed the other features that only the prototype had, even with buffers the production version front end is totally wrong even as a starting point for making a model of the prototype.

Reply to
Jerry

I'd love to, in OO, but most of the intermediate cars are unavailable ready-to-run, and I don't have the time to build one from kits.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:43:53 -0500, MartinS said in :

I was thinking exactly that as I walked back along most of the length of the bloody thing after my return from Brussels this evening.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?