Delay the November Election?

Delayed Election:

There is an article in the July 19th edition of Newsweek relating to Ridge's examination of what needs to be done in order to delay the November election -- putatively in case of a terrorist attack at election time.

To delay the election would be the greatest terrorist attack of all. There can be no circumstances, short of the assasination of all the candidates that would warrant delaying the election -- what is it now? First they steal the election and now they want to make that permanent?

Every dictatorship that started by a democratically elected administration retained its power by "delaying" the election for supposed external threats. In recent history, we have Italy, Germany, the Soviet Union -- to name a few prominent ones.

I can't imagine a more important thing at the moment than to make a stink about this "examination" -- or is it a plan -- of how to destroy our Democracy and hand the terrorists a victory by turning our country into exactly the kind of police state that they want to create for the world.

Boris Beizer

-------------------------------------

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

1232 Glenbrook Road on Software Testing and

Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006 Quality Assurance

TEL: 215-572-5580

Email bsquare "at" earthlink.net

Boris Beizer

yawn

Reply to
Spencer

I seem to recall repeating the "big lie" ("the election was stolen") also being the conerstone of at least one dictatorship.

Reply to
Scott Moore

Even more likely is that this is part of the grand plan of the 'pod people' from outer space who arrived here on earth several years ago and are already walking among us, unnoticed, assimilating our citizens one by one...

Reply to
Siggy

First....an "assasination of all the candidates" would *not* be grounds for delaying an election. The populace does *not* elect the President and Vice President. The state-appointed electors do, when they convene as the Electoral College. These electors are not even constitutionally required to select the candidate that their own state's population selected. They can select *anyone* they wish.

How was the 2000 election "stolen"? Please do not give the old, lame argument about the popular vote; as that does not determine the outcome of the Presidential and Vice Presidential elections. The 2000 election was not the only time that the winner of the popular vote, failed to win the electoral vote. It has happened before, most notably in the election of Rutherford Hayes, I believe. (where even "wheeling and dealing" was done, to get state electors to change their selections...).

The U.S. Constitution was followed, and adhered to, in the 2000 election.

Now, if you *really* want to clean up the process....then help repeal the

17th Amendment!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Huh? "Several Years Ago"? Dude...where have you been? Their advance scouts have been here since 1947, (re: "The Roswell Expedition"). And what do you mean "assimilating our citizens one by one"? Haven't you heard all those stories about whole families and communes/cults mysteriously vanishing? They are grabbing us in *bunches*? And the "bottled water craze" over the past decade? It is part of *their* plan. It turns out, that the fluoridation in our tap water....defeats their Invisibility Shields!!!

Reply to
Greg Heilers

As one may recall..election issues have been primarily a Democratic one. As one recalls the 2000 Florida election results, offered up by a an election department owned and operated by the Democrats..and of course the Democrat polling places intentionally kept open long after the legal closing time..so more Dems could be ferried in to vote..again..and again..

And then we can discuss the Daley Machine..where party loyalty extends to even those long dead .......

We can indeed discuss other prime examples.....the Military votes of the 2000 election, for example?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Also, this funny observation. It seems that *only* the Democrats have to organize all those "Get Out The Vote Drives"; in order to get their "constituents" to show their support...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

You might want to join the discussion at MNID: news:1RgIc.8649$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com .

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Boris Beizer" wrote in news:EWgIc.378$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Take your meds comrade. And watch out for the black helicopters.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

maybe just make sure that Florida does not vote......

Reply to
Craig

"Boris Beizer" wrote

I thought Republican theory was that a major terrorist attack would swing votes to Bush. Commander in Chief, don't you know. Maybe they're starting to worry that an attack would swing votes _away_ from Bush, eh?

-- TP

Reply to
tonyp

"Boris Beizer" wrote

So, he's looking at a "what if"? As I recall, considering worst case scenarios and determining what can and cannot be done ahead of time is part of Ridge's job.

What easy pickings: Damn the administration for daring to think about the unthinkable, then damn them for not having the foresight to prevent the next terrorist attack.

Speaking of Newsweek, how come you didn't mention this tidbit: "The selection of Sen. John Edwards as John Kerry's running mate has raised concerns inside the FBI and among civil-liberties groups that the North Carolina senator will use the campaign to promote his controversial proposal to create a new domestic spy agency."

I guess "Good Americans" like you would have nothing to fear from the Kerry-Edwards Gestapo. . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I think you should be more concerned about the long history of democrat voting frauds that they are famous worldwide for.

Reply to
Mr. Plastic

Indeed.

And I hope someone returns this nation back to the Republic its supposed to be. The Founders were very leary of a Democracy, and rightly so. Mob rule sucks.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

I seem to remember that Tom Daschel won his election by counting votes of about 500 dead native Americans.

In California, there is also the ballot boxes from "republican" districts that somehow would up floating in SF bay. That one at least made the news for one broadcast. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because the SF Bay area is so left leaning that they are in danger of falling off the planet.

And the rampant rumors of bus loads of illegal immigrants that were being bussed from one polling station to the next.

And the Dems picking up bus loads of drunks and other derilicts, and paying them $5 to vote Dem.

administration

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Someone makes a contingency plan for Terrorist scenarios and you're thinking potential conspiracy? How about if we had another major blackout such as what happened in the Northeast years ago? How many millions of voters would be unable to vote? All the new electronic voting machines would work wouldn't they. If you lived in an area that prevented you from voting you sound like someone who would be screaming (legitimately) for the right to vote. I for one wouldn't have a problem with a short delay as long as folks get to vote.

The government has long practiced the "art" of contingency planning. Would you rather come up with an action plan after an event or before?

Dave

Reply to
HobbyOasis

Not to mention the stealing of elections that republicans are world famous for.

Reply to
Bassie Adriaensen

Not to mention that if AlGore had just won his OWN state he could have made it. (how pathetic was that ?)

So sorry if you dont like the Elcetorial college.......

Azzz1588