Why not hold the election in October?

If the concerns about a terrorist attack timed to the election are valid, why not just move the elections up a month? Just like the transfer of control of Iraq was moved up several days.

Not only does this disrupt the timing, but it shortens the time we have to experience all of the aggravation after the Conventions.

Reply to
???

||If the concerns about a terrorist attack timed to the election are valid, ||why not just move the elections up a month? Just like the transfer of ||control of Iraq was moved up several days. || ||Not only does this disrupt the timing, but it shortens the time we have to ||experience all of the aggravation after the Conventions.

Actually, the election was held last Thursday. Short notice, but we caught the terrorists off guard. All the registered Republicans got the email and have voted. Cngratulations to George! What about the rest of you guys? Not much Dem turnout. tsk Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

LOL! Yep, I just *knew* GWB wasn't going to put off the elections!!

Jim

jim rozen

Don't forget to add an extra three months to allow the Floridians to count their votes....

Reply to
John Ings

Before you can have a General Election, you have to have a Primary Election. Before you have a primary, you have to have a printed ballot and voter handbook. Before you have that, you've got to have candidates. It's all a very date and deadline specific process. Setting aside all that and the enormous political issues, the primary date is usually specified by the state constitution, something not easily changed.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Oh I'm sure Bush is just waiting for the right moment to tell us that in the interest of national security we aren't going to have any more elections.

Reply to
Dave

Ayup. About the time monkeys fly out of your ass demanding equal time on the lathe.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

C'mon, Gunner -- if he thought he could get away with it, they'd be printing up the executive order right now! Of course, you could probably say the same thing about most national politicians, regardless of party.

Too bad we have gotten to the point where being a politcian has become either a career choice or a family enterprise, instead of a public service for a little while for otherwise private citizens. I think that is a lot of what is wrong with politics and politicians these days.

Regards,

Bob

Reply to
Bob Edwards

At one time the goal was to have politicians hauled screaming and kicking into office, do their business for 2 yrs and then go home to the farm to lick their wounds. Which is one of the reasons Ive been something of a fan of term limits.