Delay the November Election?

Sounds like Baltimore. I remember many years ago, back when the Baltimore Sun still had some editorial integrity, they did a check after an election and noted a large number of votors with addresses on certain blocks of North Avenue. Turned out to be a big old cemetery there. The Sunpapers editor joked that he wondered if John Wilkes Booth came back to vote for mayor DeAlesandro. The cemetery is where Booth was buried in

1865.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

And considering that it's mostly Asia and his buddies in Europe that rely on Saudi oil he'd probably be just as cozy with the Saudis as any other administration....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say Kerry should be hung..... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

They could hardly promote Gage, since he was a British General. If you mean Gates, the Congress probably thought he was the more stable, reliable man. And he was.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Funny how the men who actually served under his command have a very high opinion of the man. But then I've found that complete strangers, guys who come into a unit as replacements, and CO's who write one thing on a fitness report and commendation, and say another thing 30 years later are far more reliable sources than the men who actually serve under fire with a man.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

I think if you read the entire Constitution you might find it mentioned once or twice....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Resistance is futile....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

That would be funny if you didn't show with each of your posts just how illiterate you are.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Really? Earlier in this thread you wrote "I get to fire people left and right and make the remaining employees work 3 person's jobs! If they don't like it I get 500 resumes a week just "dying" to accept the position at an even lower wage."

Which is it?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The majority of Representatives and Senators are 'Bush cronies'? Since when?

Probably because I haven't lost any. I'm more bugged by the TSA than I ever will be by the Patriot Act.

I'll worry about that when the parties nominate their candidates for 2008. In the meantime the Democrats couldn't pay me enough to vote for Kerry. Not to say they wouldn't try....

Her name might begin with 'R'. Or just about anything else. My crystal ball seems to be on the fritz.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The states have no authority to delay a federal election. That authority is reserved to Congress by Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 of the US Constitution: "The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States."

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Because they 'feel our pain', of course.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I thought ad hominem attacks were beneath you.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

This is one reason why there is a grassroots movement (and has been for quite some time) to work towards seperating the state along the Genesee River to form the state of Ontario. It comes and goes (mostly seems to go, dammit! 8-( ), usually when people get fed up with seeing their hard-earned flutter down to NYC with no return.

The Old Timer

He was trolling when he posted that..............................

Please dont feed the trolls :)

Azzz1588

First off, we were intimately tied to the Saudi's LONG before even the first pres Bush Sr. was in office !!! You want out of SA fast ? be prepared to leave behind a billion dollars or so worth of US equipment. (conservative estimate)

Second, you need to be more specific as to how we adided UBL

Third, it figures that you would have problem with the ONLY democratically elected govt. in the ME. Why is that ??

Azzz1588

He has missed 2/3d of all Senate voting sessions since he went on the campaign trail.....................

Azzz1588

Clarification here.

He threw OTHER PEOPLES medals, no his !!! He kept his, and didnt get rid of them !!!

Real hypocrite Kerry is.......................

Oh... I will never forget watching him on TV saying how they burned innocent villages down, and how they killed women and children. What struck me the most was the absolute lack of remorse, it was almost like he was gloating about it !!

That one thing right then and there finished me with Kerry.

Does anyone here want a guy in the White House how has admitted to killing women and children with his own hand ??? (and got away with it too)

Azzz1588

I know. Does he ever post anything on topic?

Sorry. Sometimes I just lose all control.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

As I noted earlier you are factually wrong. You seem to be referring to Bob KERREY, former Governor and Senator from Nebraska, Congressional Medal of Honor winner. NOT John Kerry, current Senator from Massachusetts, Bronze and Silver Star winner.

Reply to
Mark Levine