Track Cleaning Methods

I had some success with typewriter rubbers, they are very hard but do not contain grit, a little white spirit and a gentlr rub down worked quite well. These days I just use a bot of cloth wrapped round a scrap of wood dipped in meths or similar, not perhaps quite as effective but I found typewriter rubbers were getting hard to find

Mike

Reply to
Mike

You can use this "feature" to your advantage though. I use a Roco or Fleischmann cleaning rubber and with a predominantly across the rails motion ( a sort of zig zag) the adhesion of some slippery locos improves significantly. I have tried the Sueth (sp?) track cleaner/file/rippler tool but the effect of the rippler was too great. The "zig zag" rubber works well but the effect eventually wears off.

TW

Reply to
TW10