Traction tyres

If I take them off, will the loco appear lopp-sided? I want to improve electrical pick-up by collecting power from all the wheels, will this work?

Thanks, Neal.

Reply to
Neal Ball

"Neal Ball" wrote

The traction tyres sit in a recess in the wheel tread, if you remove the tyres then you will get erratic running, especially through pointwork.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Depends what you are taking them off. I took them off my Hornby Fowler

2-6-4T and it runs with much less of a wobble; the grooves are quite shallow and don't cause problems on points. I haven't tried taking them off my tender-driven steam locos; my Gresley A4 in particular has a very wobbly tender. If you're talking about diesels, I can't help!
Reply to
MartinS

You might find a replacement set of wheels from Ultrascale might help too, if you want otfork out for more wheels..

They do sets for all the major RTR diesles, and they do > >

Reply to
DJO